Accolent ERP delivers the reliability of the AWS Cloud and anywhere, anytime, any device access
Accolent ERP Cloud Technology
Accolent ERP Cloud technology combines (1) a web-architecture with (2) web-services software written using the latest Microsoft .NET technologies, Ajax, JQuery, HTML5 and SQL Server and (3) runs end-to-end in the Amazon Web Services Public Cloud.
Accolent ERP’s web-architecture means that it can be accessed from a URL (just as you access Google by going to https://www.google.com), using any device that requires only a web browser to be installed. This anytime, anywhere, any device capability offers great flexibility and can drive substantial productivity improvements in a variety of challenging business settings including for remote or socially-distanced workers.
Latest Microsoft Technologies
Accolent ERP is built on the Microsoft stack incorporating all the latest .NET technologies that are extensively documented and widely used. The Microsoft technology stack is fully supported by Microsoft and a long-established global community of users.
AWS Public Cloud
Accolent ERP runs completely in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) public Cloud. AWS is the dominant Cloud provider with a market share estimated to exceed that of Microsoft, Google, Oracle and IBM combined.
Why Cloud Technology Matters?
It is apparent that the transition to the Cloud is accelerating and older client-server technology will be obsolete within the next few years. What is powering this shift, and what is the attraction of the Cloud you might ask? There are several major benefits to Cloud technology:
- Running software in the Cloud and allowing users to access and use it is far more efficient than having to install and maintain the same software on multiple on-premises systems. Think of the challenge of every home having its own electric power generator rather than generating the power centrally and distributing it over the electric grid.
- As the pace of technology advancement increases, the lifecycle of hardware is shortening and at the same time, increasing interconnectedness exponentially increases the complexity of computing environments. Given all this, deploying and maintaining on-premise hardware is becoming increasingly challenging, particularly for small and medium businesses.
- Also, Cloud software is easier to maintain and update, users don’t have to schedule updates and ensure that all applications and operating systems work correctly following an upgrade.
- In addition, not having to purchase hardware and software upfront, but instead paying only for what you use is a huge benefit for users.
Accolent ERP Cloud Platform
The Accolent ERP Cloud Platform is deployed with a best-practices SaaS architecture in the AWS public Cloud. The Accolent ERP Cloud Platform consists of auto-scalable, load-balanced front-end EC2 Web Servers, auto-scalable, load-balanced EC2 Application Servers, centralized Redis ElastiCache and back-end RDS databases. Each customer is implemented in a separate database and no customer data is ever co-mingled. We maintain 30 days of database snapshots and, if requested, additional backup on AWS S3 and EBS. The application is delivered using the AWS CloudFront CDN, behind an AWS Web Application Firewall with a threat detection service that continuously monitors for malicious activity and unauthorized behavior.
Accolent ERP Cloud Platform Management
The Accolent ERP Cloud Platform is managed by an AWS Premier Consulting Partner that provides consulting on architecture, design and engineering support for ongoing operations. As part of these management services, the Accolent ERP Cloud Platform environment is continually reviewed and optimized to meet current AWS best practices. The Accolent ERP Cloud Platform includes:
- Cloud Management console that delivers enhanced governance, security, compliance and performance optimization
- Monitoring policies covering Availability, Disk, CPU, and Memory Utilization, Alert aggregation and root cause analysis
- 24×7 access to US-based US Persons support team backed by dedicated AWS Support team
- 24×7 Engineering Support Desk
- Backup and Disaster Recovery exploiting all of AWS’ storage and replication capabilities
Optimized for wholesale distribution across a number of vertical industries: auto parts, building materials, chemicals, fasteners, food & beverage, industrial, jan/san, restaurant supply and more
Accolent ERP Technology
There are good reasons that cloud-based ERP software is rapidly replacing on-premise business software. Learn why experts predict that 5 years from now on premise systems will be obsolete.
Implementation and Training
Let us show you how our comprehensive implementation and training programs will manage your transition and get you up and running on Accolent ERP quickly and painlessly.
Accolent ERP Backup Options
Accolent ERP automatically stores 30 days of RDS server snapshots. From these snapshots we can restore a database to its state as of the date of any of these snapshots. These snapshots and restoring from these are included in the Accolent ERP base subscription fee.
In addition, Accolent ERP is configured to take advantage of the full range of AWS Backup & Restore capabilities. If you require additional backup options over and above those included in the base Accolent ERP subscription fee please contact us with your requirements. Setting up any of the available AWS backup & restore options to suit your specific requirements is very straightforward and we’ll pass on to you the costs of any such additional backup.
Put Accolent ERP to Work for You
Call us to find out how Accolent ERP’s state-of-the-art technology delivered on the AWS Public Cloud can support your growing distribution business. Let us power your growth.
Contact Us Today
Arrange a demo of Accolent ERP software.
Let us show you how Accolent ERP Cloud technology and distribution-specific software can improve your quality of outcomes, save you time and money, and increase the efficiency of your distribution business.