Accolent ERP provides sales and use tax tools and integrations
Accolent ERP Sales and Use Tax Management
Accolent ERP provides distributors and light manufacturers with comprehensive sales and use tax functionality, a complete sales tax table that allows you to create and maintain unlimited sales tax jurisdictions by state, specify whether to tax by warehouse (origin) or ship-to address (destination), specify whether to tax freight and/or labor and specify nexus. On order entry, automatically select sales tax jurisdictions and rates which may be overridden item by item if desired.
Comprehensive Sales and Use Tax Functionality Out-of-the-Box
The out-of-the-box Accolent ERP sales and use tax functionality allows you to designate customers as taxable or non-taxable and record tax-exemption certificates. You can record products as taxable or not taxable. And you can override the defaulted tax status and rate on a line by line basis, as needed. For example, products that are usually taxable, but that are in that instance purchased for resale, may be overridden for that line item. Accolent ERP also provides comprehensive sales tax reporting to create sales tax returns by state.
Accolent ERP Sales and Use Tax Integrations
As an alternative to using the Accolent ERP sales and use tax functionality, Accolent ERP also has a built-in certified integration with Avalara, the leading SaaS solution for tax compliance. Accolent ERP also integrates with third-party tax table vendors that can work in conjunction with the Accolent ERP sales and use tax functionality to offload the need to manually update your sales tax jurisdictions.
Integration With Avalara
Accolent ERP includes a certified integration with Avalara, the leading SaaS solution for tax compliance. To use Avalara with Accolent ERP, first use the link below to sign up for an Avalara account, then enter the Avalara credentials into Accolent ERP. Once the integration is enabled, Accolent ERP will send real-time transactional information to Avalara and pull back the sales and use tax amounts calculated by Avalara. You will no longer need to manage the Accolent ERP sale tax table.
- Automatically assign and calculate sales tax on every transaction
- Automatically stay up to date and in compliance with changing tax laws
- Reduce tax risk of outdated sales tax rates
- Easily scale to enter new markets, add sales channels without the tax headache
Avalara provides cloud-based tax compliance solutions that can help you save time, free up resources, and reduce risk — so you can focus on what matters most to your business.
Importing Sales and Use Tax Tables
The most cumbersome part of the Accolent ERP sales and use tax functionality is having to stay abreast of tax regulations and tax rate changes for those tax jurisdictions in which you have nexus. These changes then have to be manually updated to the sales tax table. Through integrations with tax table vendors, you can purchase updated tax tables, either once or on an ongoing basis, and then import these into the Accolent ERP sales tax table.
- Import third-party sales tax tables to make it easier to maintain sales tax jurisdictions
- Resolve sales tax jurisdictions and rates based on Zip Codes
- Import and upload sales tax tables once or periodically to stay up to date
Optimized for wholesale distribution across a number of vertical industries: auto parts, building materials, chemicals, fasteners, food & beverage, industrial, jan/san, restaurant supply and more
Accolent ERP Technology
There are good reasons that cloud-based ERP software is rapidly replacing on-premise business software. Learn why experts predict that 5 years from now on premise systems will be obsolete.
Implementation and Training
Let us show you how our comprehensive implementation and training programs will manage your transition and get you up and running on Accolent ERP quickly and painlessly.
Accolent ERP Delivers Everything You Need To Manage Your Sales and Use Tax Compliance
Using Accolent ERP and the built-in integrations, distributors can fully comply with all relevant sales and use tax requirements:
- Create your own sales tax table with sales and use tax rates for unlimited tax jurisdictions in which you have nexus
- Specify by tax jurisdiction whether to tax by origin or by destination and whether freight and labor are taxable
- Specify whether Customers are taxable or non-taxable and record exemption certificates
- Specify whether products are taxable or non taxable, with line by line overrides if desired
- Automatically default tax jurisdictions on orders
- Integrations with Avalara AvaTax and with third-party sales tax table vendors
Contact Us Today
Contact us to show you what Accolent ERP can do
Maintain compliance with all applicable sales and use tax regulations.