Comprehensive Functionality to Track, Manage, Submit and Collect Vendor Rebates
Managing Vendor Rebates
For many distributors operating on tight margins, successfully managing vendor rebates can represent the difference between profitability and a loss. Vendor rebates, which are common in Jan/San as well as other industries, are special cost reductions offered by vendors for the sale of specified products to specific target Customers. Under a rebate contract, the typical purchasing cost for the product is rebated for sales to the specific customers. Accolent ERP has comprehensive functionality for tracking, managing vendor rebates, submitting for payment and collecting on rebates.
Create Rebate Contracts
With Accolent ERP easily set up a Rebate Contract for a specific product with a contract quantity and expiry date and record the Deviated Cost (i.e., normal purchasing cost less rebate) on the contract. The Rebate Contract can then be assigned to the specific target customer or group of customers. If the Rebate Contract is assigned to a group of customers, the Contract Quantity will be pooled between these customers.
Record Rebates Due
All sales of the product to the target customer(s) will automatically be made under the Rebate Contract. The sale will decrement the remaining Contract Quantity, will be made at the Contract Price, will record the sale at the Contract’s specified Deviated Cost and create a Rebate Due receivable.
Submit and Collect Rebates
No need to keep complicated spreadsheets anymore. Use Accolent ERP’s extensive tools to select, mark and submit Rebates for payment to the vendor either as a downloaded CSV file or through EDI (Electronic Data Interchange). When payment is received, easily tie out the payment receipt against the Rebates claimed in that submission. Record receipt and change the status of the Rebates paid in full so that at any time the whole account can be tied-out to show open items, paid items and information on how paid.
Optimized for wholesale distribution across a number of vertical industries: auto parts, building materials, chemicals, fasteners, food & beverage, industrial, jan/san, restaurant supply and more
Accolent ERP Technology
There are good reasons that cloud-based ERP software is rapidly replacing on-premise business software. Learn why experts predict that 5 years from now on premise systems will be obsolete.
Implementation and Training
Let us show you how our comprehensive implementation and training programs will manage your transition and get you up and running on Accolent ERP quickly and painlessly.
Comprehensive Functionality for Managing Vendor Rebates
Accolent ERP’s Vendor Rebate processing functionality includes:
- Single Customer or Group of Customers – Accolent ERP can create rebate contracts for one customer or multiple specified customers with the contract quantity specific to each customer or as a shared pool among all the customers specified
- No Special Process – Any sales of the specified product to the specified customer will automatically be recorded under the rebate contract
- General Ledger Posting – Records a sale transaction at the Deviated Cost and a Rebates Due receivable for the rebate
- Sales Reports and Commissions – All sales reports and commissions reports will show the transaction at Deviated Cost
- Submission of Claims – Filter Rebates Due screen by Vendor, by Customer, by Date Range to create the population for submission and mark all submitted rebate claims with a submission number
- Receipt of Payment – Filter Rebates Due screen by submission number to see rebates claimed and then tie-out against rebates paid
Contact Us Today
Arrange a demo of Accolent ERP software.
Let us show you how Accolent ERP’s sophisticated features for Managing Vendor Rebates can improve your quality of outcomes, save you time and money, and increase the efficiency of your distribution business.